Bidding is now closed. Thanks for your participation and winners will be notified with all information by the end of next week.
NANPA Foundation has 14 distinctive items up for auction and for such a good cause – advancing the awareness and appreciation of nature through photography. Proceeds from the auction will help build photo blinds, teach the next generation of nature photographers in NANPA’s high school and college student programs, and support environmental and conservation projects through the Philip Hyde Conservation Grant.
Top nature photographers have generously donated their time, services and expertise and you won’t want to miss what they are offering. Review the list of what you can bid on and start planning your bidding strategy!
Days in the Field With Photographers
Spend a day in the field along California’s stunning central coast with professional wildlife photographer Jacqueline Deely. Jacqueline will bring you to some of her favorite shooting locations in the Monterey Bay area, where you will learn some of her tried and true methods for capturing stunning images of wildlife. Available dates will be based around photographer’s travel/work schedule. Locations visited will be dependent upon time of the year and potential wildlife activity. Can accommodate up to two people.
Cathy & Gordon Illg
Spend an afternoon and a morning at Bosque del Apache NWR during crane and snow goose migration.
Joe & Mary Ann McDonald
Two people can join Joe & Mary Ann McDonald for a morning shoot at the Sonoran Desert Museum.
A one-on-one day at Rocky Mountain National Park, instruction and field work in summer 2020. Geared to beginners-intermediates.
Join Jeff for one day in the field in Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park or near Jeff’s home in Dubois, WY. The day can concentrate on any type of nature photography (season dependent) including instruction, if requested. Jeff has lived and photographed in this area for 37 years and have an intimate knowledge of both these iconic locations.
Cindy Miller Hopkins
Cindy Miller Hopkins is a full-time travel and nature photographer who licenses over 1,000 images a year. She attributes a lot of her success to her keen knowledge of the importance of proper metadata and keywording of her images. If you are attempting to sell your images online, want to improve your current sales or if you just want to be able to FIND your images on your own home computer, Cindy can help you with that! She is equally comfortable with both PC and Apple users as well as Photoshop/Bridge and Lightroom software. 2 hours of private instruction.
Join Michael for a two-day photo tour for Pryor Mountain Wild Horses. We will travel by Jeep to photograph horses at 8300 ft. in high alpine meadows. Best time of the year is late June or early July. Based out of Lovell, WY and fly in/out of Billings, MT. Can include 2 people on the trip. Does not include flights, room and board.
Sea otters are some of the most charismatic animals we have here in California. The goal of this sea otter photography trip is to get photographers opportunities to photograph these cute animals from both land and water. We will take pictures of bachelor rafts, animals feeding, and animals wrapped up in kelp from a privately chartered boat (in extremely calm waters) and from land. If you’d like to see and photograph these marine mammals along with a slough of other wildlife, this photo trip is for you. Remaining information can be found here.
Portfolio Review Opportunities
Kathy Adams Clark
Kathy is willing to review 40 of your images and send you feedback. She can review the images from a technical standpoint or from a marketing perspective. Feedback can be in writing or we can schedule a time to talk over the phone.
Suzi is willing to do a 20-30 minute portfolio review.
A portfolio review with a rating on each image. Afterwards, a consultation time set aside to review those images. This is followed by a Q&A on the business side of nature/wildlife/travel photography and direction you might want to take with your photography.
Jon will do an online portfolio review and phone consultation session regarding your photography. Topics may include a variety of work from landscapes, wildlife, portraits and personal projects. May be in multiple sessions, three hours total of consultation time.
Joe & Mary Ann McDonald
We will do a one-hour portfolio review during NANPA’s 2021 Nature Photography Summit in Tucson, AZ which is scheduled for April 29-May 2. Review will be scheduled at a convenient time for both parties.
Gabby is offering a one-hour portfolio review by Skype. During this call, she will provide feedback on individual images or to consult on larger stories or projects that the photographer is planning. Gabby brings expertise in nature photography, conservation storytelling, project planning and project fundraising.
Details About the NANPA Foundation Auction
The auction begins Monday, Feb. 3 at 8am EST and ends Friday, Feb. 14 at 11pm EST. Proceeds from the auction will go to support the programs that the NANPA Foundation administers including:
- Building photo blinds in public nature areas
- Awarding environmental/conservation grants for projects involving nature photography
- Funding NANPA’s high school and college photography programs
- Advancing nature photography
Restrictions/conditions of winning bids:
- Unless otherwise specified by a donor, opportunities for space in workshops, tours, classes, days in the field and portfolio reviews/consultations will expire a maximum of 1 year from the end of the auction (expiration date, unless otherwise noted, is February 14, 2021).
- Unless otherwise stated, auction items do not include travel, meals, lodging, gear, etc.
- Those items without a definitive date will be scheduled at mutually agreeable dates/times.
- Cancellations, changes, rescheduling and no-shows after a space has been reserved will result in forfeiture of all rights granted by the auction item. Exceptions may be granted solely at the donor’s discretion.
- Winning bids do not entitle special priority for scheduling or any other consideration: all policies, dates and restrictions as determined by the donor must be followed.
- Certificates may not be split, shared or transferred to additional parties, unless indicated in the opportunity description.
- All winning bids are final as of the end of the auction.
Remember: professional photographers, photo tour leaders and workshop operators generously donate their space and time and that cancellations, changes or special demands may result in lost income from other potential attendees or opportunities.
Rules of the NANPA Foundation Auction
- You must be at least 18 years of age and able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law to be eligible to bid on any item.
- When you place a bid on an online auction item, you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from NANPA Foundation if you are the winning bidder. You are the winning bidder if your bid is the highest bid at the end of the auction and your bid is accepted by NANPA Foundation.
- If you are a winning bidder, you agree to pay NANPA Foundation the full amount of your winning bid within 21 days of receiving the invoice for your item. Invoices will be sent within 5 days of the close of the auction. Instructions on how to redeem your item will be sent upon receipt of payment.
- All bids are final. Once you have submitted a bid, it cannot be retracted or changed.