Information about the award
This scholarship of $2,000 is awarded biennially to a student specializing in the study of photography who is currently enrolled in, or who has been accepted to, an institution of higher education. This grant is made possible through the generosity of Janie Moore Greene.
The application period for 2020 is now closed. The next grant cycle is expected to begin in fall 2022.
Eligibility criteria and grant requirements
- Eligible applicants must specializing in the study of photography and currently be enrolled in, or having been accepted to, an institution of higher education. This includes 2-year or 4-year colleges, art/design schools or photography schools.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the institution of higher education at which the student is or will be enrolled.
- Relatives of members of the Selection Committee are ineligible for this award.
- NEW! As a requirement of the grant, the recipient must submit a video presentation within 45 days of being notified of the award detailing his/her background in photography and outlining how the grant will impact him/her. Details of the video requirement.
2019 – Nickolas Warner
2018 – Jake Brown Homovich
2017 – Kelsey Gramza
2016 – Jiayu Su
2015 – Michelle A. Butler
2012 – Derek Fong
2011 – Erin Heath
2010 – Rakel Halvarson
2009 – Megan Miles and Chen Wang
2008 – McNair Evans and Hunter Nichols
2007 – Lynon Lohf; Tom Spindle
2006 – Given in honor of Mary Ann McDonald to Paul Colangelo
2005 – Stefan Petranek
2003 – Given in honor of Connie Toops to Nancee Eichengreene
2001 – Given in honor of Heather Angel to John Hafner
2000 – Given in honor of Patricia Caulfield to Jennifer Weinberg
1997 – Given in honor of Helen Longest-Saccone to Christopher Dydyk
1996 – Given in honor of Ann Guilfoyle to Jon Holloway