Information about the award
This scholarship grant of $2,000 is awarded biennially to a student currently enrolled in, or who has been accepted to, an institution of higher education specializing in the study of photography through the generosity of Janie Moore Greene.
The grant application period opens September 1, 2020 and will close at 11:59pm EDT on October 31, 2020.
Eligibility criteria and grant requirements
- Eligible applicants must currently be enrolled in, or having been accepted to, an institution of higher education specializing in the study of photography. This includes 2-year or 4-year colleges, art/design schools or photography schools.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the institution of higher education at which the student is or will be enrolled.
- Relatives of members of the Selection Committee are ineligible for this award.
- NEW! As a requirement of the grant, the recipient must submit a video presentation within 45 days of being notified of the award detailing his/her background in photography and outlining how the grant will impact him/her. Details of the video requirement.
To apply, complete and submit the online application form. All applications must be submitted online. No mailed applications will be accepted. Be sure to attach all relevant materials to your online application.
2019 – Nickolas Warner
2018 – Jake Brown Homovich
2017 – Kelsey Gramza
2016 – Jiayu Su
2015 – Michelle A. Butler
2012 – Derek Fong
2011 – Erin Heath
2010 – Rakel Halvarson
2009 – Megan Miles and Chen Wang
2008 – McNair Evans and Hunter Nichols
2007 – Lynon Lohf; Tom Spindle
2006 – Given in honor of Mary Ann McDonald to Paul Colangelo
2005 – Stefan Petranek
2003 – Given in honor of Connie Toops to Nancee Eichengreene
2001 – Given in honor of Heather Angel to John Hafner
2000 – Given in honor of Patricia Caulfield to Jennifer Weinberg
1997 – Given in honor of Helen Longest-Saccone to Christopher Dydyk
1996 – Given in honor of Ann Guilfoyle to Jon Holloway